XHS Course Catalog
Download a copy of the annual course catalog below:
XHS Summer Classes
Register for Summer 2023 Physical Education. Download the registration form below.
12:00 - 3:30 pm at Xavier High School | Blue Gym | Fitness Center | Athletic Fields
Dates: June 12-15, June 19-22, June 26-29, July 10-13
2023 Summer PE Class Registration Form
XHS Graduation Requirements
To graduate from Xavier High School, a student must fulfill the following requirements:
Credits for Graduation
|Fine Arts||1.0 credit|
|Social Studies||3.0 credits|
|Physical Education||1.5 credits|
|Business & IT||0.5 credit|
Students must complete and document 80 hours of Christian Service as well as pass a civics test (required by state law) in order to graduate.
- Freshman Seminar
- Business: Personal Finance
- Math: Algebra and Geometry
- Science: Lab Science Foundations, Biology and Chemistry
- Social Studies: Early Civilizations, World History, US History and Government
- Theology: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior Theology
In the freshman, sophomore, and junior years, each student must carry eight credits.
Seniors must carry a minimum of six credits, three classes per term.
Grade 9 - Total Credits (8.0)
- Health (.5), Theology (1.0), English (1.0), Math (1.0), Science (1.0), Early Civilizations (.5), Freshman Seminar (.5), Electives
Grade 10 - Total Credits (8.0)
- Theology (1.0), English (1.0), Math (1.0), Science (1.0), World History (1.0), Electives
Grade 11 - Total Credits (8.0)
- Theology (1.0), English (1.0), Math (1.0), Science (1.0), US History (1.0), Personal Finance [Grade 11 or 12] (.5), Electives
Grade 12 - Total Credits (6.0-8.0)
- Theology (1.0), English (1.0), Government (.5), Personal Finance [Grade 11 or 12] (.5), Electives
Besides the subjects listed above, a student would need to take one credit of fine arts, one and one-half credits of physical education and at least eight credits of electives.
Those planning to attend college are recommended to take at least two credits of world language. University of Minnesota is requiring four math credits. This is a requirement by some colleges for admissions.